Have you tried a recent Google search for a “real estate agent in Tacoma, WA”? There are more than 1,000,000 search results matching this phrase! Helping potential clients to find YOU is certainly an uphill battle.
Here are 3 effective ways to help your website stand out from the crowd —
1) Post great, local content that potential clients can use TODAY. Without question, home buyers and sellers are turning to the internet FIRST with their questions. You need to be the one providing those answers online. Whether it be to your Facebook page, your blog, or an e-mail newsletter, you need to be providing answers to the questions your clients are asking, and you need to STAY LOCAL – Provide information on current housing trends in Olympia, WA; or talk about the current zoning changes in specific Seattle neighborhoods. This type of relative, and useable, information will provide real value to interested home buyers and sellers. Keeping this information local will drive potential clients to your web presence.
2) Don’t try to game the SEO system. One of the absolute worst things you can do is try to manipulate the search engine system, especially Google.
· Don’t buy backlinks to your website.
· Don’t stuff your pages with keywords.
· Don’t try to trick Google.
Google cannot be fooled. If Google even thinks that you are trying to game the system, you can quickly find your website several pages deep in the search results, or even removed from the search results all together! Google does not play games with SEO manipulators!
3) Leverage the power of video. What type of content was at the top of the search results the last time you used Google? Chances are, it was video. YouTube is owned by Google. Google leverages this by posting the most relevant videos at the top of Google searches. Refer to point 1. Create a video of yourself speaking about relative, local, information for your housing market. When clients turn to Google to answer their home buying and selling questions, chances are good that they will see your related video.
There are no shortcuts to making yourself standout online – be helpful, post relevant information, stay local, leverage video, and don’t try to cheat the system.
With a bit of consistency and hard work, you’ll be amazed at the increase in traffic your online presence attracts.
What is your plan to make yourself stand out from the crowd?
***FOR ADDITIONAL HELPFUL INFORMATION***
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tim.maciejewski1
Subscribe to learn about the latest posts, free classes, and how you can close more transactions!