“Nobody is sharing my Facebook posts.”
“Why aren’t I getting ANY Likes?!”
You’ve spent countless hours posting to your brokerage’s Facebook page – all those clever status updates, all those countless hours spent creating great content about home renovations — but you just can’t seem to get any traction. NO CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT. Why? Here are the top three reasons that your potential clients are ignoring your Facebook page, and what you can do NOW to fix it –
“Think like a potential client, and post content accordingly.”
1) Your posts aren’t relevant. It’s important to think like a potential client (i.e. people who will soon be buying or selling a home) when deciding what to post to your Facebook page. Are potential buyers/sellers interested in the latest tips on spring cleaning or the recent trends in regards to hardwood floors? Let’s be honest – probably not! What information are potential clients looking for?
- “Current mortgage rates”
- “How much house can I afford?”
- “How long does it take to close on a house?”
- “How much do I need to put down on a house?”
You get the idea….
Think like a potential client, and post content accordingly. That aggregated, generic real estate content coming from a third party vendor just won’t cut it.
2) Your posts aren’t shareable. A sappy inspirational quote, a picture of a sunset, and a pretty border around the image. Gimmicky, right? Well, guess what….these silly inspirational quote images are what get shared millions of times a day all around the world. “Likes” and “Shares” are reserved for the gimmicky. There’s a psychological explanation for it all, believe it or not. An inspirational quote combined with a related image convinces our bodies to release a small amount of dopamine, providing a brief moment of happy motivation. Of course, we want to share these feelings with others, so we click “Like” or “Share”. Click, rinse, repeat. Before you know it, your brand is in front of thousands of potential clients….and it only took you a few gimmicky minutes.
3) Facebook simply doesn’t like you. No, I’m serious. The reason your posts may not be getting any engagement is for the simple fact that Facebook may not like you. Over the past few years Facebook has steadily decreased the organic reach of posts on all business pages. That is, posts to your Facebook fan page are progressively shown to fewer and fewer fans without an abundant number of likes/shares, or unless you pay to have the post boosted (i.e. pay for placement). Does your business have 10,000 fans on it’s Facebook page? If you make a post to that page, chances are that it will show on the timeline of fewer than 100 of those fans. If a strong number of those 100 fans don’t like/share your content, it will likely fall into the internet abyss.
Bottom line, ensure your lengthier content is relevant to potential clients. Combine these long-form posts with intermittent images and quotes that people can consume rapidly, and you have yourself a recipe for amazing customer engagement.
Not so gimmicky after all…..
Subscribe to learn about the latest posts, free classes, and how you can close more transactions!